Does it sometimes feel that your lack of excellent business English is keeping you from reaching your goals? Do you have brilliant ideas at work but struggle to write them down in clear, concise English? Do you sometimes wonder how your colleagues manage to sound so convincing and fluent in presentations or phone calls?
If you feel ‘locked out’ of opportunities at work, UCT ELC may just have the key you need. You see, here at our campus in the shade of Cape Town’s famous mountain, you will find exceptional teachers delivering courses that have real and measurable results. On your journey with us, you will discover:
- How to write anything from emails to annual reports.
- How to stand up and give presentations that persuade.
- How to eliminate jargon and use active language.
- How to socialise, debate and negotiate in business.
- How to find and fix errors in your writing with effective proofreading.
These are just some of the simple, reliable and effective tools you will pick up at the Language Centre. Tools that will enable you to approach your international business tasks with confidence. Tools that will impress your colleagues. Tools that work. And, while you’ll learn in English, you’ll be able to apply these techniques in any language, making you better at what you do.
We want to leave you with a few emailing tips that will already improve your business writing. Remember:
- Write exciting, informative subject lines. Make your email stand out.
- Put your most important message first – this is called your Big Ask.
- Keep it short. There should be lots of white space and no unnecessary information.
- Use the word ‘you’ twice as much as ‘I’ or ‘we’.
- Use bullet points, just like this!
Why not start practising immediately? For more information on Business English and other courses, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org