For our students past and present, we designed this little quiz to see how much you have learned about your adopted city in the time you spent with us. How much do you know (without resorting to Google)? For our future students, these are some of the many things you have to look forward to in Cape Town!
- What is the name of the famous beach where you can see the African penguin in its natural habitat?
- At which hospital was the world’s first ever heart transplant performed?
- What is the name of the ocean that surrounds Cape Town?
- What are the names of the 3 Public Universities servicing Cape Town?
- What prominent, natural landmark overlooking the city bowl recently became one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World?
- What is the name of the famous island prison where former South African president Nelson Mandela was held for 18 years?
- Which toothy water predator can be seen hunting and breaching in the cold Cape waters of Gansbaai, for example (and which some people are brave enough to get into a cage underwater to see in action)?
- Which botanical garden is the first of its kind founded with the specific intention of preserving the country’s unique flora?
- In which season does Cape Town receive most of its rainfall?
- What important governmental building is located in Cape Town? (Clue: the seat of government is in Pretoria, but which buildings are based in Cape Town?)
- Which iconic Cape Town building, once situated right on the ocean but now has a busy road running beside it, is the oldest colonial building in South Africa?
- What alcoholic beverage is the Cape famous for producing?
- Which famous water-based mammal can be spotted in Cape Town to birth and nurse their young, particularly between the months of June to November?
- Which animal lives with about 60 000 of its friends and family on an island less than 6km out to sea from Hout Bay?
- Which park and heritage site was originally created in the 1650s by European settlers to grow fresh fruit and vegetables for passing ships in the Cape?
- Boulders Beach
- Groote Schuur Hospital
- Atlantic Ocean
- University of Cape Town, University of the Western Cape and The Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Table Mountain
- Robben Island
- Great White Shark
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- The Castle of Good Hope
- Southern Right Whale
- Cape Fur seal
- Company’s Garden
How many of these attractions have you visited/seen already, and which one is your favourite? We have hundreds of photos, and between all our past and present students, probably thousands of fantastic memories of seeing and experiencing these amazing places and seeing these animals. You’re welcome to come and join us?
For details about some of these topics, check out TripAdvisor
We hope you had a fantastic time in Cape Town, or that you are having a great time, or that you will in the future. Like these guys….